- RBS subscription starts at $600.00 per year and varies depending on the space size required by the pharmacy.
- Remote Backup Agent is installed locally on the PHSERVER at your location.
- Once installed, the Remote Backup Agent will be configured with the required communication protocol to speak with our backup servers.
- Once setup is complete, the Backup Service will run a Full Complete Backup on the 1st round. Once it’s able to completely capture the data (folder/files, whichever directories the system is configured to backup) it will then revert to an Incremental Backup Schedule as defined in the service.
- When the Incremental Backup Schedule is initiated, one of our agents will reach out to your designated backup machine twice a day to check to see if there are any changes to the specified files/folders that were specified to be backed up in the configuration settings.
- Most of the time, the Backup Agent will run during the night time to avoid disruption during normal hours of operation.
- The backup is taken place via a cloud server provided by Amazon EC2. This server is then replicated to another “Backup Server” at a different location.
- Should your system go down for any reason and we’re required to restore data that is necessary to get your MMS applications up and running, we will perform a restore from Amazon’s EC2 Cloud Server.
- The download and recovery time will depend on the size of the data. For example: some clients are signed up where they required only their pharmacy SQL database to be backed up and is no more than ~4-5 GB. This would take approximately 1.5 hours to download from Amazon EC2 from our side and depending on the customer’s bandwidth to download to their location, may be the same amount of time. Other clients may request that their Pharmacy SQL DB along with the Prescription Images be backed up. In this case the total size would reach close to 10GB or more. This would increase the download time from Amazon’s EC2 server tremendously and will trickle down to the client end once we have the data restored.
- The RBS option we offer is unique from other Backup Services (i.e. Carbonite) where the RBS Agent is able to backup SQL DBs. VERY FEW Backup software is able to provide this feature. At the same time, only a specified niche of clients would require SQL Backup.
- We also randomly select various clients’ databases to be restored on any given day to verify the integrity of the data. Should we find anything out of the ordinary, we will reach out to the clientele and review, modify or reconfigure where applicable to ensure a successful backup can be performed at all times.
- Most importantly, an email is sent to the email address provided by the client to specify the status/progress of the night prior, which includes a list of folder/files that were successfully backed up and whether there was a failure.
- The other important thing to keep in mind is that the specified server at the pharmacy that will have the RBS Agent installed NEEDS to remain ON and Internet enabled to avoid any potential backup failures.
Click the button below to fill out the Remote Backup Service Agreement and add this service to your pharmacy.