Micro Merchant Systems has announced that its PrimeRx™
pharmacy management system can now fully integrate with the Amplicare workflow
automation platform. With this
capability, which is available on a subscription basis, PrimeRx™ users can
seamlessly access automated decision making capabilities, which will improve
pharmacy efficiency and patient services. A
participating pharmacy can select which of Amplicare's many
capabilities are most suitable for its needs, and integrate those tools
directly into the PrimeRx™ operating system.
automated, intelligent processing, a pharmacy can attain key benefits
- Improved patient medication adherence, which
has the added benefits of increasing pharmacy sales and improving a
pharmacy's star rating performance.
- Automated, customized outbound phone, email and text campaigns to promote improved patient outcomes.
- Proactive identification of opportunities to help mitigate DIR fees.
- Plan comparisons to help Medicare and Medicaid patients identify most appropriate and cost efficient plans.
In addition to improved pharmacy workflow and efficiency,
Amplicare provides critically-important opportunities for pharmacists to better
service patients through pro-active alerts.
Amplicare's "smart solution" continuously reviews patient
records, and delivers important interventions directly into the pharmacy's
daily workflow, allowing the pharmacist to take corrective action.
Key notification capabilities include:
- Low Adherence:
Patients in need of refills, or who are identified as
"probable" for non-adherence will be identified,
- Gap Therapy:
ACE/ARB, Statin: Amplicare will
identify patients who may not have proper medication or treatment plans in
place for their diagnoses.
Pharmacist/patient consultations will help put the patient on the proper
treatment course, and help improve pharmacy performance measures.
- Nutrient Depletion: Patients likely to experience a nutrient
deficiency based on their prescription regimen will be identified. Pharmacists can offer counsel to these
patients about the need to address any such deficiency, which in turn can lead
to increased sales of OTC products.
- Flu Vaccination: The system will identify patients who may be
susceptible to the flu, and advise the pharmacist to recommend receiving a flu
- Naloxone Intervention: Amplicare will identify patients – and their
family members – who may be at risk of an opioid overdose, and provide
information about Naloxone as an overdose-reversal medication1.